Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Pages

Monday, March 30, 2020

Roll20 Preview

The COVID-19 pandemic has forced me to look at virtual table top environments to continue gaming. I took a look at Roll20 and created this post to inform my gaming group of what it might offer us. 

Roll20 has platforms for Windows, iPad and Android.

I setup a test area with a map and made up several 5E characters. I then took screen shots of characters on the map to illustrate the dynamic lighting.

In the image above the Gnome has darkvision. From the Gnome's pov, looking South, the Tiefling and Ranger are less visible.


This is the GM view where everything is visible.

The Warlock's character sheet. It has three pages, Core, Bio and Spells.

If anyone in my gaming group is interested in trying Roll20 send me an email and I will send you a link so you can look around the test area.

For communication we can give the Roll20 built in audio a go, but you will need a microphone headset. I say headset because it will help block out the noise in the room. If the Roll20 audio capability is laggy we can switch to Discord or Google Hangouts. A last case resort is to just use the chat box in Roll20.

Take a look ...

~All my best. Be well, stay safe.

~Eddy

Roll20 Technical Support Documentation
Audio Video Trouble Shooting

No comments:

Post a Comment